Innovative, results-driven digital content manager who has consistently optimized user experience, integrated mobile and social media channels, boosted brand awareness, and generated significant customer response. A record of success creating and implementing team-based strategies resulting in increased traffic and user interaction. Excels in staff management through motivational communication resulting in coordinated teamwork and superior results.
• Manage owned web properties and establish editorial direction.
• Act as strategist for external corporate voice in social marketing/media/content.
• Coordinate with team members on new products and existing services, define site support expectations and framework.
• Direct all aspects of online products – content management, graphics, advertisement design and placement, social media interaction and promotional contests. Strategize social media components across multiple channels that contribute 30 percent of online traffic.
• Manage nine reporters, six anchors and seven producers responsible for providing content for WCTI12.com. Facilitate training to incorporate new technologies.
• Enable sales staff by creating content, packages and analytics reports as part of revenue initiative. Direct the inclusion of online components to on-air promotions and initiatives.
• Coordinate with Marketing Department to promote brand awareness. Coordinate online features to promote on-air talent and features.
• Participates in content committee responsible for overall editorial direction of all company websites.
• Oversaw the launch of a new site management system that increased traffic by more than 500 percent.
• Gained more than 10,000 Facebook fans over three days during 64 non-stop hours of emergency hurricane coverage.
• WCTI12.com was named the Best News Website for the second straight year in 2012 by The Associated Press (North Carolina, TV Division 2); it was an award first won in 2011 after an in-market competitor had held the honor for the previous three years.
• Created a company-wide link-share system that helped to increase traffic across websites in all five of Bonten Media Group’s markets.
• Company leader in national-site links (including CNN.com) that created more than 1 million referrals in 2011.
• Created a self-hosted, magazine-style brand and website with a focus on edutainment content. Used WordPress as CMS and focused on feature-based site layout.
• Managed a staff of corresponding writers seasoned in journalism, each contributing both general and feature-specific content.
• Negotiated content-related sponsorship deals and cross-promotional site banners.
• Excelled in site and brand management with a focus on community-based interaction. Offered a melded editorial and opinion-based news content section. Offered features that elicited two-way communication with readers.
• Incorporated multiple social media channels to increase brand awareness, site traffic and reader interaction.
• Provided local content and page design for both news and sports for two newspapers in the region.
• Served as state, national and international news copy editor and page designer.
• Produced video features to accompany print content online.
• Updated and maintained off-site blog sections.
• Maintained all statistical data for local sports leagues.
• Coordinated weekly special sections.
• Provided local content, designed pages and managed content for several sections of the website.
• Directed and hosted online-only weekly sports special.
• Shot and edited video highlights and features.
• Managed upkeep of local league statistical data.
• Provided content and produced video for local sections.
• Acted as primary page designer for inside sections.
• Responsible for nightly web updates.
• Enabled content share for other regional papers.
• Provided content and photographs of local events.
• Created page design elements to highlight season-based features.
• Authored locally-produced content for national events, such as NFL, MLB, NBA and NCAA sports.
• Acted as facility/IT engineer to direct two departmental relocations.
• Produced and maintained pages within Sports & Recreation sections.
• Converted university documents into HTML.
• Maintained front-page design.
• Ensured site consistency within ECU guidelines.
B.S. in communication with focus on media studies / minor in English
Other areas of study include philosophy and sociology.
Advanced Multimedia Reporting with Video